JOY Saturday Magazine
Expectation of hours/term: 6 hours/ week and must include 9-12noon on Saturdays Location: Victorian Pride Centre
The JOY Saturday Magazine Producer is responsible for ensuring the high quality and consistent delivery of the flagship current affairs show by providing the hosts with LGBTQIA+ diverse, inclusive and targeted content, creating community radio that brings to life JOY’s purpose to build a more inclusive Australia.
Collaborates with: Presenter, co-presenter, regular guests, social media, podcaster and other JOY team members Organisational Purpose: JOY exists to make Australia a more inclusive place to live by providing a multimedia platform and enabler for change.
JOY Values – Joyous – Inclusive – Respectful
Program overview: As the longest running current affairs and news program on JOY, Saturday Magazine has earned a reputation for informative, engaging, insightful interviews and comment with a wide variety of influential and passionate guests. It is highly respected and regarded and able to attract high profile interview subjects with its longer form interview style.
Role overview: The JOY Saturday Magazine Producer is an integral part of the team of presenters, panel operators and podcaster and will be responsible for ensuring the high quality and consistent delivery of the show by providing the hosts with diverse, inclusive and targeted content, creating community radio that brings to life JOY’s purpose to build a more inclusive Australia.
Working with JOY’s Content, MarComms and Production teams, the Producer ensures that the show represents and delivers content, internal diversity and engagement, branding and promotional strategies. Whilst ensuring that the ACMA licence requirements and the CBAA Codes of Practice around sponsored content are complied with.
JOY Saturday Magazine is delivered across multiple platforms to 660,000+ FM and DAB+ monthly listeners and via streaming to a rapidly growing national and global audience. The program is the most downloaded program on JOY and consistently registers one third of all JOY podcast downloads.
All position holders at JOY are required to perform their duties in accordance with current organisational policy and procedures and relevant ACMA and CBAA requirements; to minimum performance standards and ensure adherence to the JOY Melbourne Inc. rules of association; comply with health and safety guidelines and instructions to ensure a healthy, safe and environmentally responsible workplace; and cooperate and comply with equal opportunity legislation.
- Book up to 8 interviews per week
- Book interviews in advance in consultation with presenters
- Build and maintain relationships with key talent, regular guests and media advisors
- Collaborate with the team to collate content and create/update show run sheets
- Collaborate with the Content Manager and CEO on strategic content
- Working collaboratively with other station shows and producers to cross promote content
- Managing stakeholder relationships professionally and in line with JOY’s values.
- Reporting on outcomes as required Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated community media experience and current affairs knowledge
- High level of engagement in LGBTIQA+ communities’ activities
- Empathy, sensitivity and understanding of LGBTIQA+ communities
- Passionate about building a more inclusive Australia
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate skills and experience using Office 365 and cloud-based technology
Application Process – recruitment is a rolling process, apply ASAP to Jacqui Kinder here [email protected]