K rock 95.5 is the #1 station in Geelong and the Surf Coast, and we have a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced Music Director and Workday Announcer to join the team at our shiny new studios.
Our city is thriving and growing fast, so we require an exceptionally curated playlist focused on listeners in our market. This is a highly competitive market, with Melbourne less than an hour up the road, and plenty of other signals heard in the region, so K rock’s content has to be world-class. Exciting proposition, right?!
Locals believe this is the best place in the world to live; with stunning beaches, the Great Ocean Road, Great Otway National Park and the bright lights of Melbourne all just a short drive away. So .. if you love to drop local logs as much as local references, and this sounds like the role for you, drop your résumé and an example of your on-air work to us. You never know, you could soon be getting the drop on a wave as a local at Bells Beach.
THE JOB: Music Director/Workday Announcer
- Management of our music universe
- Crafting awesome daily logs
- Clock/Rules/Policy management
- Delivering a sweet workday shift with plenty of localism and callers
- 3 or more years of experience as a Music Director in an equivalent or bigger market
- 3 or more years of experience pulling music shifts in an equivalent or bigger market
- Comprehensive knowledge of GSelector
- Comprehensive knowledge of Zetta
- High level of competence on the panel
- Great time-management skills
- A desire to embrace one of the most beautiful parts of Victoria as your home
We’re big on culture at K rock. The right person for this job will be just as good in the hallway as they are in the studio.
We’re moving fast, so if you’re keen, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply here… [email protected]
Please note, applications that don’t address the above key criteria will not be considered. We will only be contacting applicants who make it through to the first stage of the recruitment process.