(Casual, part-time and full-time positions)
We’re on the hunt for quality news hounds to join one of the best newsrooms in the country.
K rock and bay 93.9 are searching for experienced journalists to join our team of dedicated news professionals. You’ll be part of a close-knit, super-friendly team working in our state-of-the-art Geelong newsroom, but also capable of holding down a super-busy solo shift.
We are an independent media outlet and our core value is delivering real, ethical and factual news. With a strong focus on hyper-localism, our hardworking talented team identifies, researches, and delivers hot and breaking local stories, and the global headlines that Geelong, the Surf Coast and Bellarine need to know.
Experience in a commercial radio newsroom is preferred, but not essential, with on-air training available for the right candidate.
- A passion for real, ethical, factual news and the ability to cover the whole news spectrum.
- Minimum two years of journalism experience working in a newsroom, (radio, print, tv or online experience all considered)
- An understanding of current events, a keen eye for a good story, and how to get ‘to the minute’ news to our listeners and online audience
- An understanding of online news and its importance in a commercial radio environment
- The ability to work with pace, quickly and calmly writing and delivering bulletins on-air half hourly or on the hour, and online.
- Enthusiasm for early morning shifts and/or weekends
- Local sports knowledge, and working knowledge of News Boss a bonus
The K rock/bay 93.9 news team enjoys making great radio and producing powerful, widely-read online content. We love our newsroom, and we love living on Victoria’s stunning Surf Coast!
If you think you have what it takes to join one of Australia’s top FM news teams, send your CV (and on-air demo, if you have one) to: [email protected]
Please note, applications that don’t address the above key criteria will not be considered. We will only be contacting applicants who make it through to the first stage of the recruitment process.