Geelong Broadcasters is ‘Connecting a Greater Geelong and Beyond’ and we are on the hunt for a very special leader for our high-performing sales team.
One of the best roles in vibrant, thriving Geelong, you’ll be a natural leader, mentoring an exceptional team of individuals. This is not a sales team in the traditional sense; we have a consistent focus on client goals, rather than our own and achieving sales targets is a natural by-product of this approach.
Our sales team is excellent; six locally based individuals who love what they do, contribute to an exceptional culture and perform ahead of target. We advertised earlier this year but with such a high-performing team we are taking our time to find the perfect fit for this unique leadership role.
Our next great leader may or may not have a radio or sales background but must be able to demonstrate solid leadership skills and experience.
- Live and breathe our business values; we CARE deeply for our clients, listeners and each other. We are BOLD and REAL.
- Be a critical thinker with highly attuned listening skills to identify and address both client and team needs, consistently striving for the best outcome over what may be easy or serve one’s own agenda.
- Be a highly motivated leader with inner drive and an abundance of energy.
- Be fair and consistent, upholding our high standards with clear accountability.
- Be an authentically positive person. The glass is always half full, we take joy in celebrating our wins and we take learnings from our mistakes.
- Invest in strengthening personal relationships and building community, both inside and outside business hours. The role requires presence at key breakfast and evening events, so enjoying socialising and networking is helpful.
A short drive to Melbourne, Great Ocean Road beaches and the stunning Great Otway National Park, Geelong offers an exceptional lifestyle and Geelong Broadcasters offers a world-class workspace at our state-of-the-art studios, only a block from Eastern Beach.
With 42% of local people listening to K rock and bay 93.9 radio stations*, plus a portfolio of out-of-home and digital products, our offering is diverse, with no two days ever the same. We are in a highly privileged position to be independent (family-owned) but share resources with the Australian Radio Network. We have an all-local live on-air team and one of the best-resourced newsrooms in the country. Commercial radio weekly audiences are reaching record highs** and with sustained population growth projected for our region, the future is bright.
If this sounds like a great fit for you, apply today to:
Geelong Broadcasters Pty Ltd
PO Box 4011
Geelong VIC 3220
*Xtra Insights – Geelong Survey One – Oct 2022
** GFK – Commercial Radio – Survey One – Mar 2023