Radio Broadcast Coordinator – Contract Feb-Dec 2023
- Earn an awesome package + district allowance + relocation assistance, salary sacrifice, up to 8 weeks leave and more!
- 10-month contract Feb-Dec 2023 with accommodation provided (inclusive of utilities) + annual airfare assistance + a work car!
- Coordinate radio production & programming for broadcast and train others, playing an incredible part in spreading our stories, & giving back via your passion for the arts!
NG Media – The Pulse of Yarnangu – Be Part of It
We are currently on the lookout for a superstar Radio Broadcast Coordinator to bring their flair for the arts to remote indigenous communities in the Western Australian desert!
See also our vacancies for a Creative Content Coordinator and Office & Creative Assistant.
Based in the remote western desert of WA, we are an indigenous media organisation telling unique stories through radio, music, film and television. We train, we create, we present exciting music and stories.
Our Vision is to empower Yarnangu (the Aboriginal people of the region) to create and share their own stories through multi media. NG Media is where the gap between cultures is filled with stories and shared across the nation.
We’re celebrating music, language and culture with a great range of events; our TV productions feature the Yarnangu people in front and behind the camera, and our state-of-the-art facilities and radio station produce music and video for the Yarnangu people.
NG Media’s Radio Broadcast Coordinator will primarily be responsible for assisting the day-to-day running of Radio NGM – a network of remote community radio stations owned by NG Media, along with training local community members in technical, IT and communication skills, to enable them to reach a variety of media platforms and to broadcast their voice and stories to the region.
Your time will be split between producing radio shows, teaching radio skills to locals, contributing to funding applications, and maintaining the technical setup for local and online radio broadcasts.
Other responsibilities include (but aren’t limited to):
- Provide training in technical and communication skills relevant to radio broadcast and production to Aboriginal radio broadcasters and so facilitate culturally appropriate radio production and programming for broadcast
- Produce community service radio shows and monitor, schedule, and record the highest possible number of hours per week of live broadcasting from local radio media workers employed
- Test, account for and maintain all radio equipment
- Liaise with stakeholders, schools, community groups, and external media sources
- Report fortnightly to the General Manager, and
Identify and recruit local media workers for NG Media.
You’ll have the privilege of empowering local students and community members to pursue their creativity.
This is a 10 month full time contract from Feb-Dec 2023, with a possibility of extension based on funding.
For more information about the role, you can request a copy of the position description by emailing [email protected]
About Our Ideal Radio Broadcast Coordinator
You’ll be an experienced radio practitioner, preferably in a not-for-profit environment with a great deal of self-reliance and an open, collaborative working style. You’ll display creativity, optimism, and a proactive approach; as well as having patient and sensitive communication skills.
You’ll also have demonstrated experience training others and working knowledge of how to operate a radio studio and relevant editing software.
You will need to have relevant qualifications and radio experience, a valid Working with Children Check, and complete COVID-19 vaccinations. Whilst not essential, experience living remotely and/or working with Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander communities will be highly regarded.
Please note: good physical fitness and an unrestricted manual driver’s licence are essential as you’ll be driving yourself around in a 4WD. Lastly, as with all dry remote communities, you will need to respect local practice.
- Enjoy an awesome package including a salary circa $65,000-$75,000 pro-rata PLUS district allowance;
- Relocation assistance, annual airfare assistance, and access to full salary sacrifice;
- Accommodation (inclusive of utilities);
- 4 weeks annual leave PLUS 4 weeks additional leave pro rata,
- A work car, how good! and
- Work with a small tight-knit team in a beautiful part of remote Western Australia.
Your application should include your current resume and a brief cover letter outlining your suitability for the position and be sent to [email protected]
Applications will be assessed immediately upon receipt.
What are you waiting for? Join the NG Media team today!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.