NOVA Entertainment is Australia’s leading independent audio entertainment business, creating unforgettable experiences loved and shared by our listeners. Whoever you are, and however you like to listen – we’re for you. Our mission is to create and share great experiences with our audience.
No two days at work will be the same at NOVA Entertainment. Our fun and dynamic environment means our employees are constantly surrounded with unique experiences as well as inspirational and influential people.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Announcer/Operations Manager to join our Nova 93.7 Programming team. You will be delivering an on air shift at Perth’s Number 1 radio station, Nova 93.7, as well as being responsible for the daily functions of the station. With superb attention to detail and great communication skills, the operations manager is the liaison between relevant departments including programming, audience engagement and sales to ensure a quality broadcast.
As Nova 93.7 Announcer/ Operations Manager you will:
- Deliver weekday on-air shifts at metro level.
- Oversee and be accountable for the operations of Nova 93.7 and the Nova network where appropriate
- Be the station champion for Zetta, G-Selector and other on-air and programming software as well as training and advising Staff on software use
- Manage the linking/form guiding for Nova 93.7 and relevant network programs
- Be the liaison between production and promotions to ensure client credits are logged and correct
- Manage station promo schedules to ensure client commitments are met
- Work closely with Programming and Production teams in Perth and around the network to ensure that communication between the stations is seamless
- Work proactively with the Head of Programming and Audience Engagement team to achieve and deliver station marketing and programming goals
- Be available on call for relevant after hours issues
- Be a ‘go to’ for team members as a source of knowledge and experience
- Regularly monitor Station / Brands and all other FM/ Digital stations in the market
- Manage other Ad Hoc Projects and duties (including On Air shifts) as required by Program Director
Skills you have
- You’re familiar with high end radio automation systems (Zetta, G-Selector).
- Exceptional attention to detail, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to effectively manage various stakeholder expectations at all levels
- You love and have a deep knowledge of music
- Your strong interpersonal skills mean you work well within a team and will be dedicated to the Nova 93.7 brand.
- You’re a natural on air and you know how to connect with our demographic.
- You’ve got proven experience with a variety of off air duties that you’ll use in the day-to-day operations of the Nova 93.7 Programming Team.
Experiences & Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role at a capital city station
- A sound knowledge of Zetta & G-Selector
- On-air experience and the ability to cover Nova on-air shifts as required
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Nova Entertainment is committed to inviting people of all walks of life to work with us and grow their careers in their own unique way. All Nova Entertainment locations are allies of the LGBTIQ+ community and are proud to be registered with the Welcome Here initiative. Click here or read more about life at Nova here. #FollowTheRainbow
Life at Nova
- Workplace flexibility (hybrid working model) to support a work-life balance.
- Additional leave days: Anniversary & Loyalty leave, Give back Leave, Mental Wellbeing days.
- Access to Learning and Development programs & internal opportunities.
- Access to health and wellbeing initiatives (Nova’s Life+ & Employee Assistance Program, mental health training programs).
- Frequent staff lunches, survey celebrations & an in-house bar!
- Plus, a whole lot more!
To learn more about life at NOVA Entertainment and apply for this role, please visit www.novaentertainment.com.au