NOVA Entertainment is a recognised leader in the media industry and is committed to creating world class radio and digital media. NOVA Entertainment promotes a culture of innovation, creativity, outstanding client service and responds to listeners and clients. Our mission is to create and share great experiences with our audience. No two days at work will be the same at NOVA Entertainment. Our fun and dynamic environment means our employees are constantly surrounded with unique experiences as well as inspirational and influential people.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a full time Sydney-based digital and video guru who lives and breathes all things entertainment and has their pulse on what is happening in social video.
Key to the success of this role is the deep understanding of audiences and what makes a shareable and engaging video, as well as how to optimise for different platforms. You will have the uncanny knack for coming up with those winning digital ideas that break the internet and also develop and own video strategy for the department.
This role demands a high-energy, professional, bursting with talent. Based in our Sydney office, you’ll be working with a dynamic team of like-minded individuals who innovate on a daily basis.
- The role requires a strong short-form story-teller, full of creative ideas with the ability to shoot original footage including interviews, as well as identify, source and edit shareable video quickly.
- You’ll be responsible for the ideation, production and execution of video and digital content for our original podcasts. You’ll also proactively pitch new concepts and ways of working to ensure we are an industry leader that is constantly evolving.
- You’ll be a master of all our digital channels, balancing social, editorial & video content. You’ll be an experienced video producer that has the capability to continually deliver market winning content as well as mentor junior members of the team on how to deliver these same results.
- You’ll lead the podcast video strategy by proactively looking for opportunities to improve and communicate these to the team; taking a lead in ensuring these are implemented.
- You’re a motivated video leader who sets the tone for a project with talent and supporting team who can communicate effectively with other management.
- You’ll lead all video shoots including briefing and prepping talent, directing talent and coming up with a shoot plan for the day.
- Overseeing all video output and workflow to ensure that deadlines are being met; and working with managing producers to overcome any issues.
- Able to manage junior video producers and train incoming video team members and mentor non-video producers on the basics of video shooting/editing.
- Able to deliver presentations to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Professional and mature manner with both talent and the internal team.
- Solutions-focused and will rise above issues that cause friction within the team and within shows.
- Experience dealing with a wide range of talent including difficult and high level talent and giving constructive criticism and difficult feedback.
- Excellence at gaining the respect of talent and team members.
- Ability to make strong editorial and creative decisions.
WHO YOU ARE
You’ll be a passionate content creator with previous experience in the fast-paced world of digital. To be successful in this role, ideally, you’ll have:
- Five years’ experience producing video content (with an incredible showreel to demonstrate it)
- Digital experience within TV, podcasting, radio or a similar media environment
- Experience in promoting other forms of content (such as podcasts) using video
- Experience using a variety of digital cameras, lighting and camera accessories and audio recording equipment
- Advanced experience with Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant media or journalistic field
- Demonstrated usage of analytics platforms
- Preferential people management experience
- Workplace flexibility (hybrid working model) to support a work-life balance
- Additional leave days: Anniversary & Loyalty leave, Give back Leave, Mental Wellbeing days
- Access to Learning and Development programs & internal opportunities
- Access to health and wellbeing initiatives (Nova’s Life+ & Employee Assistance Program, mental health training programs)
- Frequent staff lunches, survey celebrations & an in-house bar!
- Plus, a whole lot more!
If this sounds like you, we can’t wait to hear from you! Please APPLY NOW!