NOVA Entertainment is a recognised leader in the media industry and is committed to creating world class radio and digital media. NOVA Entertainment promotes a culture of innovation, creativity, outstanding client service and responds to listeners and clients. Our mission is to create and share great experiences with our audience. Being a part of NOVA Entertainment, you’ll be working for a radio and digital media company committed to creating as well as facilitating the creation of powerful and engaging content through exceptional people who love what they do.
This role involves managing the Audience Engagement function for Nova 96.9. Your goal will be to manage and provide support to the local Audience Engagement team. You will work with your team to ensure they create and deliver effective promotional solutions for NOVA Entertainment’s clients and stations.
You will secure and manage key third party partnerships for the brand, ensuring you are reflecting your local city and community.
You will work with the Head of Audience Engagement to deliver on the company strategy whilst collaborating with internal stakeholder such as CREATE, Programming and Marketing to ensure a winning culture of innovation, idea generation and execution across the NOVA brand’s.
You will need to be a collaborative manager who is able to negotiate, lead and implement concurrently and be energetic, enthusiastic & flexible in your approach.
What you’ll do
- Provide high levels of project management and oversee station promotions including, critical paths, legal/T&C’s, winners and prize systems etc.Work closely with the Sydney Breakfast Show to deliver highly effective promotional content, stunt activity and events.
- Plan and forecast to ensure promotional airtime commitments are met while remaining within budget.
- Secures and project manage relevant third party partnerships for the brand, working with the Brand & Promotions Director on Tier 1 partnerships.
- High levels of collaboration and contribution with Programming, Marketing and Create to ensure our commercial and product objectives are met.
- Attend and contribute to CREATE and Programming brainstorm sessions to ensure promotional concepts are aligned with the NOVA brand
- Maintain excellent working relationships with all on-air personalities and internal teams to ensure the effective delivery of promotional activities.
- Actively coach team members to achieve outstanding results and ensure the growth, development and retention of talent.
- Profile the Promotions & Marketing team internally and develop a culture of continuous improvement.
- Project work as required.
Skills you’ll have
- Prior radio promotions experience
- Exceptional attention to detail, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to deliver timely solutions and develop strong relationships with different levels of staff, senior management across the organisation and external partners
- Flexible and adaptable to work outside of core hours
- Has an understanding of, appreciation for, and ability to support the commercial success of the station.
- Has their finger on the pulse of pop culture and ‘what’s next’
- Is highly organised and thrives under tight deadlines
- Maintains extraordinary relationships with their wide range of contacts
Why working at Nova Entertainment is the perfect next step for you.
- Additional leave days: Anniversary & Loyalty leave, Give Back Leave, (Nova is passionate about supporting your philanthropic goals, so you will have up to 2 extra days a year to devote to those causes that are important to you) Mental Wellbeing days.
- Access to Learning and Development programs & internal opportunities such as Future Women Scholarships, Internal Mentoring Programs, LinkedIn Learning
- Access to health and wellbeing initiatives (Nova’s Life+ & Employee Assistance Program, mental health training programs, discounted products and services with selected valued partners – and we don’t want to boast, but our partners are amazing and our discounts are really awesome)
- Frequent staff lunches and survey celebrations.
- Paid Parental Leave that is for ALL parents.
- ACCESS TO THE BEST GIGS IN!!! – Red Room anyone?
- End of Trip Facilities that are like a luxury resort meaning that you can run/cycle/pogo-stick/skateboard your way to Pyrmont but arrive at your desk as fresh as a daisy
- Endless banter with a team of legends who love what they do and are passionate about creating and delivering the best audience experiences not only in Sydney, but across the Nova Network
- Plus, a whole lot more!
Ready to apply?
Preference will be given to candidates who submit details on events or projects they have managed from ideation to execution
HOT TIP – you will be asked during the interview process about our stations and programs so come prepared!
Please note: as part of the application process you will need to be willing to showcase your skills practically if required.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Nova Entertainment is committed to inviting people of all walks of life to work with us and grow their careers in their own unique way. All Nova Entertainment locations are allies of the LGBTIQ+ community and are proud to be registered with the Welcome Here initiative. Click here or read more about life at Nova here. #FollowTheRainbow
To learn more about life at NOVA Entertainment and apply for this role, please visit http://www.novaentertainment.com.au/careers
Police Checks may apply
Must have full working rights in Australia