Do you really love listening to podcasts?
Are you super-fussy about English spelling and grammar?
We’re looking for someone who loves podcasts, and who is super fussy about spelling and grammar, to join our team as a Podcast Proofer. This person will help review podcast edits and act as our quality control. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an award-winning team and work on some of the industry’s best branded podcasts. So if you love listening to podcasts, we’d like to hear from you!
About the role
We’re looking for a Podcast Proofer to join our team full-time. This role involves listening to podcasts with a keen ear for detail and providing edit feedback to our production team. In this role, you will act as our quality control to help us maintain our exceptional quality standards. This role is a really important step in our production process because you will make sure each episode sounds perfect before we hit publish!
Here’s an overview of what this role involves:
- Actively engage with the production process for various shows
- Manage the production schedules and a range of deadlines for various shows
- Handle all aspects of audio proofing, including reviewing edits for mistakes, writing detailed edit feedback notes, and collaborating with the production team on said notes.
- Be responsible for the final production quality for various podcasts
- Ensure each episode meets the highest production standards
- Act as final quality assurance before each episode is published
- Review early edits of complex documentary podcasts and provide content feedback to aid with the production process
- Write feedback for podcast hosts on how to improve their future interviews
- Copywriting of episode show notes, episode titles and other metadata.
- Review promotional assets for each podcast episode
- Upload and schedule episodes in our publishing platform
- Work collaboratively with a team of writers, producers, editors and sound engineers.
- Any other relevant tasks, as required.
Great news! We don’t have a laundry list of requirements for you to fulfil to be eligible for this role. We’re not looking for “2 years of experience in this” and “tertiary qualifications in that”. In fact, it’s not even necessary for you to have ever worked in the radio, podcast or audio industry before. We don’t expect you to know everything before you start. And if you’re successful with your application, we’ll provide you with on-the-job training in the Wavelength way of doing things.
Here’s what we’re looking for in the right candidate:
- You really (really!) love listening to podcasts
- You have super high attention to detail
- You are super fussy about English spelling and grammar
- You have a strong editorial sensibility for producing compelling content
- You have an unwavering commitment to maintaining the team’s edit quality standards by finding editing mistakes and other audio issues.
- You have a keen ear for quality audio
- You can review episode edits and write detailed edit notes for the production team
- You can write copy for episode show notes, episode titles and other metadata.
- You are fluent in online collaboration tools such as Google Docs
Flexible work arrangements
This is a full-time role, but we’re also open to flexible work arrangements for the right person. And we’re a completely remote company, so you can work from any city in Australia from the comfort of your own home.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary range for this role is $50,000–$70,000, depending on your experience and skill level. We have other great staff benefits, too, such as flexible work arrangements, ongoing training, career advancement opportunities, and unlimited mental health days (yep, seriously!).
How to apply
If this sound like you or someone you know, please complete the application form here: https://wavelengthcreative.com/careers/20220120-i-podcast-proofer
Questions: Please email us at [email protected]
Wavelength is an award-winning podcast agency based in Melbourne, Australia. And we produce world-class shows. We’ve worked on podcasts for brands including Uber, Metricon, and the University of Melbourne — as well as a range of other wonderful brands. We’ve launched multiple #1 charting podcasts, and have won industry awards for our work. We’re a collaborative team, and right now we’re looking for one more to join our crew! Is that someone you?
Diverse and inclusive hiring
Our people are what make us unique. We believe diversity strengthens our team and improves our work. That’s why we provide equal opportunities to people regardless of their ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or gender identity. If you consider yourself from any diverse background, we encourage you to apply! We can also assist you throughout the application process with adjustments, as required.
Apply Now: https://wavelengthcreative.com/careers/20220120-i-podcast-proofer