We’re looking for someone who loves making podcasts to join our team as a Podcast Producer. This person will lead the production and project management of a range of new shows, working collaboratively with clients to produce amazing podcasts. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an award-winning team and work on some of the industry’s best-branded podcasts. So, if you love producing podcasts, we’d like to hear from you!
About the role
Wavelength is on the hunt for a Podcast Producer.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, and hard-working producer to lead our growing list of podcast projects from creation to completion. This is a client and content-focused role rather than a post-production editing role (although experience with audio production software would be beneficial)
The successful candidate will work with our production team to develop and produce original audio programs. Prior project management experience and experience working directly with clients will be highly valued.
This person in this role reports to the Strategy Director.
Here’s an overview of what this role involves:
- Lead the overall production and delivery of a number of podcasts.
- Contribute to a creative editorial vision for each show.
- Help create compelling episode narratives using storytelling skills.
- Write and edit scripts for the spoken voice to build immersive scenes.
- Manage the production process for a number of shows.
- Handle all aspects of audio production, including scheduling, recording, editing, assembling, mixing and publishing episodes.
- Manage the production schedule of each show.
- Conduct relevant research and book high-calibre guests to appear on the shows.
- Lead audio recording sessions both in-studio and in the field.
- Ensure each episode meets the highest production standards.
- Review episodes for quality assurance before each episode is released.
- Create and review a range of promotional assets to promote each episode.
- Copywriting of episode titles and episode show notes.
- Work collaboratively with a team of writers, producers, editors and sound engineers.
- Any other relevant tasks, as required.
Here’s what we’re looking for in the right candidate:
- You have at least 2 years’ experience in journalism, radio or audio production.
- You have prior project management experience running multimedia projects.
- You have experience and a passion for working with clients on projects.
- You have a strong editorial sensibility for creating compelling audio content.
- You have strong audio storytelling skills for building immersive scenes.
- You have the ability to write and edit scripts for the spoken voice.
- You have a keen ear for quality audio.
- You have the ability to review audio and write edit notes for audio editors.
- You are fluent in online collaboration tools such as Google Docs.
While not mandatory, you’ll also get some bonus points for the following:
- You are fluent in audio editing software (Adobe Audition preferred)
- You have relevant tertiary qualifications (radio communications preferred)
Training and career development
If you’re successful with your application, we’ll provide you with on-the-job training in the Wavelength way of doing things.
We’re also committed to providing career progression opportunities for our team and provide performance and pay reviews annually on your anniversary.
Flexible work arrangements
This role is a 100% work-from-home position. In fact, our company collaborates completely remotely from all around the country. Our headquarters are in Melbourne, and we work regular business hours on Australian Eastern Standard Time.
This position is a full-time role. We will also consider flexible working arrangements for the right candidate.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary range for this role is $60,000–$90,000, depending on your experience and skill level. We have other great staff benefits, too, such as flexible work arrangements, ongoing training, career advancement opportunities, and unlimited mental health days (yep, seriously!)
How to apply
If this sounds like you or someone you know, please complete the application form below.
Apply using the link below
Questions: Please email us at [email protected]
Wavelength is Australia’s leading podcast production and growth agency. We work with great brands to produce, launch and grow engaging podcasts. We’ve worked on podcasts for brands including Microsoft, Uber, and State Library Victoria — as well as a range of other wonderful organisations. We’ve launched multiple #1 charting podcasts and have won various awards for our work. We’re a collaborative team, and right now we’re looking for one more to join our crew! Could that someone be you?
Diverse and inclusive hiring
Our people are what make us unique. We believe diversity strengthens our team and improves our work. That’s why we provide equal opportunities to people regardless of their ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or gender identity. If you consider yourself from any diverse background, we encourage you to apply! We can also assist you throughout the application process with adjustments, as required. Please contact us if you would like any assistance.