A cheeky teaser campaign for the new 1170 SEN Sydney takes an unexpected approach, by acknowledging its doubters.
The station’s recently named all-star-cast including Andrew Voss, Matty Johns, Matt White, Bryan Fletcher, Joel Caine, Katie Brown and Jimmy Smith all feature in the ad which plays on some critics’ views that a sports radio station in Sydney won’t work.
Sports Entertainment Network Chief Marketing Officer, Mandy Henderson said the teaser was a taste of things come. “1170 SEN Sydney promises sport delivered by some of Australia’s most entertaining and irreverent media personalities. Together they’ll bring a unique brand of insight and analysis, mixed with wit and engaging banter.
“It’ll be more about the humour than the hamstrings with plenty of listener interaction.”
1170 SEN Sydney will launch later next week ahead of a big finish to the Australian sports calendar, including footy finals, State of Origin, Big Bash and the much-awaited Australia v India Test series.
The high-profile line-up includes:
- Breakfast with Andrew Voss, Monday – Friday, 6-9am – to be joined by Katie Brown for sports updates each morning
- Mornings with Matt White, Monday – Thursday, 9am-noon
- Morning Glory with Matty Johns, Fridays, 9am-noon – to be joined by Greg Alexander and other regular guests
- Whateley, Monday – Thursday, 12-1pm with Gerard Whateley
- Jimmy Smith, Monday – Friday, 1-3pm
- Drive with Joel and Fletch, Monday – Friday, 3-6pm – Joel Caine and Bryan Fletcher
- Evenings with Jimmy Smith, Monday – Friday, 6-7pm
- Trailblazers with Stephanie Brantz – Mondays 8pm