The Australian Radio Network has added 34 ABC Radio stations to the iHeartRadio Australia platform.
Listeners can now tune in to get news, music, talk and current affairs from Australia’s public broadcaster anywhere they are on iHeartRadio.
The addition of the ABC Radio network will give iHeartRadio Australia audiences access to some of the country’s most loved and longest running radio stations including triple j, Double J, ABC RN, ABC Classic FM, ABC Grandstand, ABC Country and ABC Local Radio in major metro and regional cities.
iHeartRadio Australia’s Content Director Brett “Nozz” Nossiter said: “I am very excited to have the ABC Radio network join iHeartRadio Australia. Adding 34 ABC radio stations to our platform further enhances our incredibly broad content offering for listeners with some of Australia’s favourite stations across specialist genres like country, alternative and classical, plus talkback and 24/7 news.”
Head of iHeartRadio Australia Geraint Davies said: “Adding the power of the ABC to iHeartRadio Australia is another major milestone in the continuing growth of the platform in Australia. Today’s announcement demonstrates our commitment to becoming the number one digital and audio entertainment platform in Australia. Being a truly agnostic platform we enable both public broadcasters and other commercial radio companies to live side by side, all to the benefit of the Australian listening public.”
Michael Mason, Director, ABC Radio said: “Joining iHeartRadio is an amazing opportunity for ABC Radio to reach new audiences and make our content available for easy discovery. We are the home of Australian stories, music and content and now audiences have another place to connect with us beyond our existing platforms. Listeners will be able to explore ABC Radio’s music, talk and specialist genre offerings in all their diversity and range.”
Now available on iHeartRadio Australia:
- triple j: Australia’s only national youth network, taking new Australian music, live music, current affairs, comedy and more to an engaged audience of 18-24 year-olds.
- triple j Unearthed: highlighting and discovering unsigned and independent Australian artists, the biggest source of new Australian music in the world.
- Double J: The best music from your past, present and future.
- ABC Local Radio in capital cities – Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Perth, Darwin, Adelaide and Hobart: localised news, entertainment, information and emergency coverage to communities throughout Australia.
- ABC RN: a unique forum for ideas and culture, through comprehensive news, information and analysis of current issues and a range of specialist genres.
- ABC Classic FM: Australia’s only national classical music network, a powerhouse of musical ideas and discovery for listeners, and a platform for the discovery of new musical talent.
- ABC News Radio: Australia’s only 24 hr radio news service.
- ABC Classic 2: Classical music performed by Australian musicians
- ABC Country: Australia’s home of country music.
- ABC Grandstand: The digital destination for ABC Sport.
- ABC Extra: A special events pop-up station.
- ABC Jazz: Australia’s national, free to air jazz broadcaster.
A further 16 ABC stations from regional areas will also be available on iHeartRadio – click here to see a full list of ABC Radio services.