28 regional roles are currently advertised by the ABC.
These are the first batch of regionally-based roles as part of the ABC’s Investing in Audiences strategy announced in March.
It’s committed to investing $50 million in new content and create 80 new jobs in rural and regional Australia.
“Investing in Audiences” involves a number of interlocking initiatives designed to strengthen the Corporation and enhance its ability to deliver on its Act and Charter and serve the community.
The key initiatives are:
- Creating a $50 million fund open to all employees to source new ideas for content
- Investing $15 million per year in regional jobs and extra digital and video output as a key part of the Fund
- Implementing a new streamlined leadership team and structure
- Reducing management by 20% and addressing duplication in support roles
- Signalling a transition to a more audience-focussed content structure over the next 12 months
- Delivering additional production and support efficiencies across ABC TV and ABC News.