In a joint initiative, APRA AMCOS and PPCA have launched OneMusic Australia offering joint public performance licences that will mean the end of separate licence agreements and invoices.
The new organisation will allow music users to more seamlessly meet their copyright obligations for the public performance of musical works, sound recordings and music videos.
OneMusic Australia licences will allow use of virtually any commercially released music from anywhere around the world from more than two million music creators, as well as giving users protection from being taken to court under the Copyright Act 1968 for using unlicensed music in their business.
Schemes covered under OneMusic Australia include
• Fitness Centres and Fitness & Wellbeing Instructors
• Function, Convention and Conference Centres
• Recorded Music For Dance Use
• Hotels, Pubs Taverns, Bars and Casinos
• Dance and Performance Instructors and Schools
• Community Halls
• Community Music Groups
• Live Adult Entertainment Venues
• Registered and Licensed Clubs
• Places of Interest, Activity and Amusement
• Retailers and Service Providers
• Cruise Ships
• Public Vehicles and Vehicles for Hire
• Eisteddfodau and Competitions
• Dramatic Context