Radio ratings survey 6 results have just been released.
3AW now holds a massive 18.2% of the Melbourne radio audience. More highlights below each chart.
The survey was conducted by GfK for Commercial Radio Australia between Sun Jul 11 to Sat Sept 18, 2021. Results were delayed by one week due to covid. Sydney and Melbourne were in lockdown during the entire survey.
Click the charts to pop out a full size image.
Mouse over a station in the interactive charts to see its share results since survey 1 2020.
- 2GB and ABC Sydney both score big gains during covid lockdown
- Big gains for 2GB and ABC Sydney breakfast shows
- 2GB top with 16.4% overall
- Nova has the biggest drop, now on 4.7 with Triple M
- KIIS and smooth breakfast shows take a tumble
- 2Day the only FM station to rise
- A new high for 3AW with a huge increase to 18.2 up 3.1 share points overall, huge breakfast increase (again)
- smooth has the biggest fall, down 1.1 to 6.8% overall
- ABC Melbourne does not benefit from covid lockdown, slips 0.4 to 12.0% overall, loses share in breakfast
- Gold strengthens its third place position
- Top 3 Breakfast Shows command almost half the audience
- Smallzy’s Surgery (7pm-10pm) is # 1 FM night show in Melbourne with 10.4% share
- A big gain for Nova, up 1.5 to 11.7%, retaking the lead and moving into a clear first place
- 4KQ, which was equal first last survey, gains, but not enough to keep up with Nova
- Talk stations only have small rises, Brisbane was not in lockdown for the whole survey
- Nova has the Number 1 Drive Show – Kate, Tim & Joel and Fitzy & Wippa from 4pm – 7pm (15.2% share)
- ABC strong but FIVEaa fades in Covid free SA
- A big drop of 2 share points for FIVAaa, down to 8.3.
- Mix steady in top position, down 0.1 to 13.8% overall
- ABC Adelaide steady in second spot, up 0.1 to 12.3%
- Nova wins titanic tussle from Mix and 96
- Nova now top, steady on 13.1% and a cume of548,000
- Mix slips into second place, down 0.8 to 12.6%
- 6IX has a big drop, down 1.5 to 5.1%
The DAB+ Only station results are all here in our other report.
All our Survey 6 coverage: