triple J has launched the next stage of the triple j Unearthed website, with a brand new design and innovative functionality.
Unearthed is triple j’s initiative to provide opportunities for independent, self-funded Australian musicians to find an audience.
Beginning in the mid 1990s Unearthed as an unsigned demo competition, Unearthed is now online, on apps and on digital radio. Now, with more than 45,000 artists and 99,000 songs currently on the triple j Unearthed website, it is the largest online community of Australian music in existence.
The station has now launched the next stage of the site by introducing a raft of new functionality.
If you’re an artist, you can now:
· Embed videos on your page
· List your upcoming gigs to your own page and the broader Unearthed gig guide
· Keep better track of your airplay, streaming and download statistics via the backend of your Unearthed profile
· Enjoy improved audio quality of your music with a bitrate increase to 192kbps
If you’re a music fan, you can now have your own profile page to:
· Follow your favourite artists, triple j presenters, super users and likeminded music fans
· Create and share playlists of Unearthed music
· Like and collect your favourite tracks
· Embed Unearthed tracks onto other parts of the web
It’s now easier to discover and recommend new Australian music via Unearthed than ever before.
Each week Rosie Beaton, Steph Hughes and Dom Alessio will continue to curate the best new sounds found on the Unearthed website, played on your digital radio alongside a variety of guest hosts and special programs.
Now triple j wants to know what you think, so it can continue to improve Unearthed to match listener needs.
Watch the video to see how it all works