The University of Wollongong is offering a free online course on podcasting for a limited time.
Participants will learn learn how to plan, write and publish your own podcast, and why the audio medium is so powerful for storytelling.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to telling stories using audio
- The elements of a podcasting narrative and how to combine these elements authentically
- The software and hardware involved in producing a podcast
- Writing a narrative to suit audio
- The common pitfalls
- Different genres of podcast
- Introduction to finding good talent
- The process of being discovered and heard by an audience
Most of the university’s FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
More information and sign up here. Free entry to the course is available for 4 weeks after opening, paid upgrade options are also available for less than $100.
The course was developed by Siobhán McHugh, Associate Professor of Journalism at the University of Wollongong.