Following a record-breaking month in May, SCA’s live radio streaming remains more popular than ever with 1.1million* listeners recorded at the end of June 2020, up 35%* year on year.
Catch up radio podcasts continue to be on trend with a total of 3.2 million* downloads recorded at the end of June, this is a 49%* year on year increase across SCA’s Hit and Triple M Network shows.
SCA digital key highlights – June 2020:
- 8.9 million active live radio streams, up 52% year on year, with 9.7 million total listening hours, up 38% year on year*
- Live radio streaming on smart speakers is up 58%* year on year accounting for 20% of total listening hours*
- Mobile & tablet listening recorded more than 3.8M total listening hours, up 48% year on year*
- Listeners have loved the return of their NRL fix on Triple M, with active live radio streams of Triple M NRL up 40%** year on year, and total listening hours (54,000) up 46%** year on year
- PodcastOne Australia listening over the COVID-19 period (March 1 to June 30) has increased 100%*
SCA Chief Sales Officer, Brian Gallagher, says, “Following a huge month for live steaming and radio podcast listening in May we expected to see huge growth when compared to the same time last year.
“There is a huge demand for news and entertainment across all digital listening devices and in particular this period has shown that Triple M really does rock footy! The season restart has seen an increase of fans tuning into NRL games via the live radio stream and they are doing so more frequently and listening for longer.”
*AudioMetrix | June 2019 v. June 2020, OMNY | June 2019 v. June 2020
** AudioMetrix | 30/05/2019- 27/06/2019 v. 28/05/2020 – 28/06/2020