Hands up who could do with a life upgrade?
KIIS 101.1 partnered with the Chapel Street Precinct to do just that with the winner of a huge $100,000 Life Upgrade was 25 year old Emilie Downey.
Emilie was one of 1200 wildcard entrants photographed on Chapel Street by a member of the ‘Snap Chap Crew’ who were out every weekend throughout the six week campaign.
Two hundred and seventy one shortlisted entrants were handed $100 vouchers to spend on Chapel Street over the course the campaign.
“I have never won anything like this before, I am so excited!” Emilie said.
“I always knew I wanted to live on Chapel Street and on the first weekend I visited Melbourne, a lady overheard me talking in a café with my parents and offered me a room to rent in Windsor! I’ve been renting near Chapel Street ever since.
“The first thing I want to do with my winnings is go and get the apple crumble porridge from Journey Man on Chapel St and a coffee with (my partner) James.”
Emilie is set to shop, eat, drink, stay and play her way through Chapel Street for a year…and all paid for.
She plans to upgrade her life with the following purchases:
– Staying at The Cullen hotel to live rent free for a year
– Flights from Flight Centre to fly her family over to visit from WA, whenever she wants
– A years’ worth of groceries at Coles
– All the dresses from Mister Zimi
– Eating out whenever she likes at Tokyo Tina, Fonda, Sauced and Journey Man
– Buying her favourite things from Milk and Sugar, Designer Space and Handworks
– Buying all the extras at Katmandu, Target, Nike, Mimco and Wittner
– PJ’s for Mum from Sussan
– Her weekend shopping is sorted for the year at Prahan Market
– Buying active wear at Lulelemon
– Head to Seed for her work clothes
– A new wardrobe for her partner at Bronze Snake, Mr Simple, Industrie and The Windsor Annex